An audience is a group of users that you want to target with offers. You can define your audience using targeting parameters—like age, gender, geography, or device—and set the price you’re willing to pay when a consumer opts in to your offer.
You need to create a new audience when you want to:
- Show offers to a new set of customers.
- Split up a large audience into smaller audiences (e.g., for more targeted messages or for more targeted bidding). You would create new, more targeted audiences to replace the old, larger audience.
There are two ways to create audiences, either directly from the campaign wizard, or by clicking Add Audience on the Campaign Details page.
Name your audience.
In your audience name, include basic information about the types of customers the audience is targeting, so you can easily identify this audience within a list of other audiences.
Provide target demographics for the audience.
Target demographics include: gender, age, location, and required fields. An example of required fields might be first name and last name; if your CRM system requires first name and last name for all Rokt referrals, you would want to make those required fields.
If a Rokt partner doesn’t integrate all required fields, this audience is excluded from all traffic from that partner. Likewise, if a partner integrates both fields with Rokt, but one of the fields is missing for a specific customer, that customer is not part of the target audience. For these reasons, we recommend using required fields only when absolutely necessary, as required fields significantly reduce audience size.
- Provide additional targeting criteria, including devices, operating systems, offer position, and placement type. When you are happy with your selections, click Next.
- Attributes targeting (optional): Rules that determine whether an audience is available, according to the value of customer attributes.
- Placement type (required): The placement types where you want this offer to show (transaction or non-transaction).
Set your bid type.
Click Save. The audience wizard closes, and the new audience appears on the in the Campaign Details page.
- From here you can pause, clone, and edit your audience.