A campaign is a collection of audiences and creatives that share the same marketing objective and draw from the same budget.
Whenever you have a new marketing objective that is different from the objectives of your existing Rokt campaigns, you should create a new campaign. If the marketing objective is identical or similar to an existing campaign, you should first consider extending the existing campaign—either by changing the end date, executing another budget, or adding audiences or creatives to an existing campaign.
Before creating a new campaign, you need:
- The campaign’s objective
- (Optional) A start and end date
- Any caps associated with the campaign—e.g., daily, monthly, lifetime spend, or daily referral caps.
From the Campaign Overview page, click Add Campaign. The campaign wizard appears.
Set your campaign objective.
Name your campaign. We recommend that your campaign name includes the marketing objective, country, and timeframe (like “H1 2019”).
Select the primary objective.
When you finish, click Next.
Ensure that Billing Type and Measurement Group are as expected, then click Next.
Provide the relevant brand details for this campaign. When complete, click Next.
Your campaign country determines the location targeting options available for each audience under a campaign. It also allows country-targeted campaigns to bid in the local currency.
(Optional) Set campaign terms.
- When you finish, click Next.
Specify the campaign schedule. If you want to specify campaign start and end date, keep in mind:
- Both the start date and end date of the campaign are optional.
- If start date is specified, creatives are not eligible to be displayed until the start date.
- If end date isn’t specified, the campaign runs until the budget associated with the campaign is exhausted.
- If end date is specified, the campaign ends on the end date, regardless of how much budget is remaining.
- The start date must be today or later. The end date must be after the start date.
- Enter your budget and set caps. Keep in mind:
- Caps—every campaign can have a combination of daily, monthly, and lifetime spending caps. In addition, a campaign can have daily referral caps. Specify any caps associated with the campaign.
- To remove a budget, click the minus icon.
- To add a new budget, click Add budget.
- Click Save.
Note: The following fields are uneditable once a campaign has been saved:
- Campaign objective
Ensure the above fields are all correct before saving. If you want to edit one of these fields later, you will need to create a new campaign.
Before your campaign goes live, you need to:
- Create at least one target audience (and have that audience be approved)
- Create at least one creative (and have that creative be approved)
- Link at least one approved creative to an audience