Your creative copy is the voice of your brand and product or service. The more engaging and relevant your creative copy, the more likely a customer is to positively engage with your offer.
The basis of many successful offers can be broken down into:
ATTENTION > INTEREST > DESIRE > ACTION
Grab the customer's attention; you only have a few seconds to do so. A strong opener hooks the customer and generates intrigue.
After you have seized the customer's attention, you need to generate interest in your product or service. A good rule of thumb is, “What’s in it for me?” If the customer cannot quickly and clearly answer the question, they are likely to pass on your offer.
Once you have hooked the customer, you need to create desire for your product. Play into the reader’s emotions.
Now it's time to seal the deal! Tell the customer what you want them to do in order to obtain your product or service offering.
Always remember to:
- Keep the customer in mind
- Keep your copy short, clear, and concise
- Make sure to proofread for spelling and grammar errors
- Make sure that a customer can answer the following questions:
- What company am I engaging with?
- What am I being offered?
- If I opt in, what happens next?
Also, remember to follow Rokt's campaign guidelines. Here are some tips to help your offer get approved in no time:
- No unnecessary repetition
- No excessive punctuation, symbols, or characters (#, $, :), !), especially exclamation marks!!!
- No excess capitalization—including for emphasis (e.g., "FREE" or "CHEAP")
- Don’t use title case for nouns that are not a brand name (e.g., "Televisions, Laptops, and Microwaves")
- No incorrect spacing—e.g., "winaprize" (no spacing) or "w i n" (spaces between letters in the same word)
- Don’t use non-specific phrasing—e.g., "Buy products here" or "Win a prize"
- Don’t use non-standard spelling or grammar for the target market—e.g., "Realize your dream" instead of Realise for a campaign in the UK
- Don’t use unsubstantiated claims or superlatives
Now that you have one creative written, keep going! Try different creatives and let Rokt choose the best performing creatives for your audiences.