This article helps define the relationship between placements, variants, and pages, as well as how to add and edit placements using the placement builder.
A placement is an element on your page used for displaying offers to a customer on your site. While pages define the objective of the page a customer is visiting and determine when and where to present offers to a customer, a placement determines how this offer gets presented to the customer. A placement can come in several templates
- Overlay - Standard: Display offers in an overlay modal and is well suited to show on the confirmation page or other post-cart pages.
- Embedded - Standard: Present offers to customers through a native Rokt experience embedded on your site or app.
- Embedded - Add to Cart: Display campaigns that integrate with your customer's shopping cart. This type of placement is most suited to appear on an upsell page.
- Embedded - Tile Layout: Displaying a series of relevant offers to excite your customers. This type of placement comes in the form of multiple cards displayed side by side and embedded on your page.
- Embedded - Carousel: Displaying a selection of relevant offers. This type of placement involves highly visual cards your customers can scroll through.
- Embedded - Block: Presents offers through a native Rokt experience embedded on your page. This placement includes a title to highlight the offer benefits.
You can create a placement in One Platform.
- Navigate to Transactions > Placements.
- Select Add placement.
- Select a placement template.
- Provide a name for your placement.
- Click Save and close.
To edit a placement, reference the following instructions, which are broken out by each section of the placement editor:
The Theme section of the placement editor provides options for changing the look and feel of your placement to match that of your own site.
In the Text styles section you can choose a font to use, which affects all the text content in your placement. In this example the placement text is set to Calibri:
If you do not see a particular font available as a default option, you can upload a custom font. Look out for instructions coming soon!
Additionally, you can edit text properties such as font size, color, and markdown styling (with bold, italic or underline options) for each text section in your placement. To understand which text section you are editing, check the name displayed both on the placement and within the editor. In this example, the Title section of the placement is being edited:
This section allows you to configure button styles across your placement. From the General tab, you can configure style settings that affect all of the buttons across your placement (for example, font size and border radius). However, buttons used for positively engaging with an offer (primary buttons) generally shouldn't be styled in the same way as buttons used for negatively engaging with an offer (secondary buttons). Therefore, there are two tabs for styling these buttons separately. For both primary and secondary buttons, you can modify the default button state, as well as hover, active (when a user is actually clicking down on the button), and disabled states.
The General section allows you to set the number of offers on your placement. Enter the desired value in the Max offers field, as shown below (in this case only three total offers display in this placement):
Additionally, you can set a frequency cap to prevent customers from seeing your placement more than once within a given period of time. In this example, a customer who has seen the placement once (i.e., generated an impression) is ineligible to see this placement again for 30 days: