Campaigns with emails
Campaigns may be followed up by two emails from the partner:
- Confirmation email: an initial, one-off, immediate send to end users that confirm a customer has accepted a specific offer on the Rokt platform, with coupon details (if applicable).
- Reminder email: a second email reminding the customer to use the offer they opted into.
Example of email copy Approval decision - Here’s your $25 Company XYZ voucher to get you started with knitting. The voucher expires in December 2020, and can only be redeemed online. Did you know you can also purchase homewares, clothing, and shoes on our website? Check it out! Rejected - Email includes content that is not directly related to the transaction that has already occurred.
- Keep a good text to image ratio: Do not send emails with just an image in the body but no other content. Include at least several lines of text with each image.
- Optimize images: Use a maximum size of 150KB and add alt-text in your HTML file so there is fallback text if the image does not appear.
- Send valuable content: Ensure emails are relevant to your campaign.
- Fonts: Use fonts like Arial, Verdana, Georgia, or Times New Roman that work across all email platforms, or make sure fallback fonts are specified in the code.
- Optimize for mobile: Ensure emails are legible and load quickly on mobile devices, and that links can be pressed easily from a mobile device. Increase button size with CSS if necessary and keep links above the fold.
- HTML code best practices: Keep your HTML code as simple and clean as possible, and use a maximum body width of 700 pixels. Having a proper CSS section allows your email to render properly on mobile.
- Do not use spam triggers and phishing phrases such as "Will not believe your eyes, Satisfaction guaranteed, Compare rates", etc.
- Email format and content: Avoid overuse of capital letters and exclamation marks. Use a variety of font sizes, styles, and colors.
- Do not abuse text-based emails: Text-based emails should be used sparingly as performance deteriorates over time.
- Use HTTPs protocol: All hyperlinks need to be in HTTPs protocol.
If you have any questions, reach out to your Rokt account manager or email email@example.com.