Secure File Transfer Protocol (FTP) connections allow you to automate your referral deliveries and require little effort to set up. All you need are your SFTP credentials, and you’re ready to go!
Once you set up an SFTP connection, you can routinely receive an email with a
.csv file containing all of your new referrals and associated metadata.
You can either use your own SFTP connection, or Rokt's connection.
Make sure you have access to the Rokt SFTP. If you don't, reach out to your account manager to have access provisioned.
You should also have the following information ready before setting up your connection to the Rokt SFTP:
- Delivery frequency—how often and at what times referrals should be uploaded to the SFTP server.
- Required parameters—the most common being email, first name, last name, source, and state. Learn more about the metadata Rokt can provide.
Establishing a connection from a host computer (e.g., your laptop) to a secure FTP server requires third-party client software. This tutorial suggests the popular and free client FileZilla which is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- In your browser, navigate to https://filezilla-project.org/ and click Download FileZilla Client.
- Install FileZilla on your computer. If you already have FileZilla installed, ensure you are running the latest version.
- You should have received an email from Rokt with the subject "You've been granted access to Rokt's SFTP server."
- Download the attached file and unzip the encrypted file using the password provided in a second email "Email for password for file with instructions."
- The encrypted file you have just unzipped contains a
.pemfile which is your key file to access Rokt's SFTP folder.
The following steps are the same for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems and are based on the latest version of FileZilla.
- Open FileZilla and navigate to
File > Site Manager
- On the left, click New Site and fill in the following:
Protocol: SFTP – SSH File Transfer Protocol
Key file: Browse to your local key file (
.pem) and select it from your local drive (see image below).
- Click Connect. You should be connected and able see your accessible folders to upload files.
Referral files are placed in the following file path:
|/downloads||Download the referral data provided by Rokt|
Referral files are automatically deleted from this folder after 14 days.
Log in to One Platform, then click on your account on the Home page.
Go to the Integrations > Connections page from the left navigation menu.
Click Add connection.
Under Referrals, select FTP.
Select the Campaign and Template for this connection, then give your connection a name.
Enter Directory and file name.
Enter your FTP server host details and port.
Select your desired FTP method.
Enter your Username and Password, or enter your username and upload your key file if using SFTP.
Select your schedule and click Save.
11. Your connection has been created.
Go to the Connections tab and select Scheduled from the leftmost drop-down menu.
Under Actions, click the pause icon.
Your connection is disabled.
You can reverse these steps to enable your connection.