On occasion, you might need to edit an existing campaign. Some of the most common scenarios for editing a campaign are:
- Referral caps need to be adjusted.
- The campaign’s budget has been exhausted
- The campaign has an end date, but you want to extend the campaign to a later date.
Editing a campaign is straightforward.
- From the Campaign Overview page, find the campaign you want to edit. In the Actions column, click Edit Campaign.
- The campaign wizard appears, prepopulated with the campaign’s existing settings. Click any item in the left navigation to jump directly to the area of the campaign you need to edit. You can skip over any part of the campaign that doesn't require editing.
- If you want to discard edits you’ve made to the campaign, click Exit in the top right corner of the Campaign Wizard. Any changes you’ve made to the campaign will be discarded.
- After you’ve made all the necessary edits to the campaign, proceed to the last tab in the campaign wizard (Budget & Schedule) and click Save. The campaign and its new edits should then be placed in the queue for manual approval by the Rokt operations team.
Note: The following fields are uneditable once a campaign has been saved:
- Campaign objective
If you need to change one of these fields, you need to create a new campaign and pause the existing campaign.
On the Campaign Overview page, active campaigns are indicated by a green status bar next to the campaign name. To pause an active campaign, look to the Actions column and click Pause campaign.
A paused campaign can be resumed if all of the following conditions are met:
- The campaign was previously paused (see above)
- The account that the campaign belongs to still has credit or funding available
- The current date is before the campaign’s end date, or there is no end date specified
- The campaign has at least one active audience
- The active audience is linked to at least one active creative
If any one of these conditions is not met, a paused campaign cannot be activated.
On the Campaign Overview page, paused campaigns are indicated by a yellow status bar next to the campaign name. To pause an active campaign, look to the Actions column and click Start campaign.