As an alternative to connecting via the SFTP or a real-time referral API, Rokt can also schedule delivery of referral files (in
.csv format) to you via email. While this is less-secure and requires manual processing to download the files from your email account, this can be a useful method of getting started with receiving referral data from the platform. You can always switch to an SFTP or an API solution in the future.
An email-delivery setup is very straightforward and only requires the following pieces of information:
- Email Address (or a list of multiple email addresses) which specifies where the referrals will be sent.
- Delivery Frequency which specifies how often and at what times referrals will be uploaded into the SFTP server.
- Required parameters (most common being email, first name, last name, source, state - please see this table for all attributes Rokt can send you).
Setting Up an Email Connection
- Navigate to the correct account in One Platform.
- Click on 'Connections' in the bottom left menu.
- Click on Add connection.
- Click on 'Email' tile under Referrals.
- Select the campaign and template for this connection.
- Give your connection a name and click 'Next'.
- Enter the destination email address(es) and click on 'Next'.
- Select your desired schedule and click on 'Save' to create your email connection.
- Your email connection has been created with the its campaign linked.
Disabling an Email Connection
- Go to the Scheduled referral connection screen.
- Click on the disable icon.
- Your email connection is disabled.
- You can reverse these steps to enable your connection.