As an alternative to integrating with the Rokt tag, using the Event API, or conducting a manual import, you can automate the uploading of conversion data into the Rokt platform through the Rokt Secure FTP. If you don't have access to the Rokt SFTP yet, reach out to your account manager before following the instructions below.
Connecting to the Rokt SFTP
First you need to make sure you can connect to the Rokt SFTP. See our instructions for setting up FileZilla and connecting to the Rokt Secure FTP for more information.
File path and requirements
Files containing conversion events should be placed within the following file path:
|/upload/conversion||Upload conversion data to the Rokt platform|
A few additional notes:
- Uploaded files are automatically deleted from the folder once processed by the system.
- We recommend testing your integration using a sample file prepared using the required files format.
Required file format
Files uploaded to the SFTP server must meet the following standards in order to be processed correctly in the Rokt data platform.
- File format must be
- Charset UTF-8 (UTF-16 or UTF-32 with an appropriate byte-order mark)
- The list of email addresses must be formatted:
- In a single column
- Without a column head
- Email addresses can be either plain text or hashed
- If hashing email addresses, please ensure that they:
- Use MD5 or SHA256 hash algorithms
- Are lowercase and trimmed (white-space removed) before hashing takes place
- Are all hashed in the same format—do not mix plain and hashed email addresses per file (emails must be all plain, all MD5, or all SHA256)
Any file not matching the above format will be rejected by Rokt’s system.