As an alternative to integrating with the Rokt tag, using the conversion API or conducting a manual import, you can automate the uploading of conversion data into the Rokt platform through the Rokt Secure FTP. If you don't have access to the SFTP yet, please reach out to your Rokt Account Manager to have access provided to you, and refer to the instructions below for getting set up.
Connecting to the Rokt SFTP
Please reference the instructions found here for setting up FileZilla and connecting to the Rokt Secure FTP.
File Path and Requirements
Conversion files should be placed within the following file path:
|/upload/conversion||Upload conversion data to the Rokt platform|
A few additional notes:
- Uploaded files will be automatically deleted from the folder once processed by the system.
- It is recommended to test the integration by dropping a sample data matching the expected format (outlined below).
Required File Formats
Files uploaded to the SFTP server must meet the following standards in order to be processed correctly in the Rokt data platform.
- File format must be
- Charset UTF-8 (UTF-16 or UTF-32 with an appropriate byte-order mark).
- Email addresses must be
- in one single column
- without a column head
- Email addresses can be either plain text or hashed.
- If you provide hashed email addresses please ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- We accept MD5 or SHA256 hash algorithms
Ensure that all email addresses are lowercased and trimmed (white-space removed) before hashing them.
Do not mix plain and hashed email addresses per file (they must be either all plain, all MD5 or all SHA256).
Any file not matching the above format will be rejected by Rokt’s system and not processed accordingly.