Rokt supports importing conversion events manually via the Conversion Upload tool in One Platform. The Conversion Upload tool accepts conversion events via CSV for use by the Rokt System in Attribution and Reporting.
Files sent to the conversion upload tool must be in .csv format, and will require at least one of the following personal identifiers to be accepted:
- Email - Consumer’s email address.
- Passback Conversion Tracking ID - (Note: this Conversion Tracking ID a tracking ID provided by Rokt after a user engages with an offer. Engage with your account team to receive this tracking ID).
- Country + Mobile Phone Number (separate fields).
We require one of these identifiers to be present so that we can accurately match these conversions to Rokt campaign events.
Other Data Fields
The conversion import tool also supports a number of additional fields by default, along with a custom option for additional data fields. These fields provide Rokt additional information about the conversion event and can be used in measurement and reporting use cases. Default fields are:
- Date/Time - Time of conversion.
- Value - Total conversion amount.
- Currency - Currency reported in the “value” field.
- Transaction Reference - Confirmation Reference ID for the conversion. Intended to be a unique Id for the conversion.
- Conversion Type - Used to differentiate between different conversion events that can take place (e.g., hotel_booking, rental_car_booking). This conversion type may optionally be used in conjunction with our Measurement Group configurations to ensure the correct conversions are mapped to the correct campaigns.
The “custom segment” field can be used to provide additional data that is not covered by one of the default fields.
How to use the Conversion Import Tool
Navigate to the Conversion Import UI in one platform under “Customer Data”.
Click “Import” in the top right of the following screen.
Select your file and click “next”.
Map the columns in the uploaded file to the correct field names in the Data Mapping screen. The UI will show green if the example data value is valid for the particular input.
If you attempt to import an invalid field, the UI will display an error and will not let you proceed.
You can mark a field as “do not import” to proceed to the next step.
You will be prompted with a final “review” step, then you can import your conversions!