Once your campaign is active, you may need to pause it. For instance, if you’re running an offer for iced coffee in the summer, you may want pause the campaign come autumn when hot chocolate is the seasonal special. Once the temperatures start to rise, you may want to resume the iced coffee campaign.
By pausing your campaign, you can keep it for later without having create a new campaign or repeat the approval process.
Pausing an active campaign
On the Campaign Overview page, active campaigns are indicated by a green status bar next to the campaign name. To pause an active campaign, look to the Actions column and click Pause campaign.
Resuming a paused campaign
A paused campaign can be resumed if all of the following conditions are met:
- The campaign was previously paused (see above)
- The account that the campaign belongs to still has credit or funding available
- The current date is before the campaign’s end date, or there is no end date specified
- The campaign has at least one active audience
- The active audience is linked to at least one active creative
If any one of these conditions is not met, a paused campaign cannot be activated.
On the Campaign Overview page, paused campaigns are indicated by a yellow status bar next to the campaign name. To pause an active campaign, look to the Actions column and click Start campaign.