A creative is an offer that you present to customers. It includes the offer copy (your message) and the responses (actions that the customer can take, including at least one positive option and one negative option). Depending on the type of campaign and the placements, it can also include additional settings, such as a destination URL for traffic campaigns.
Example of a Rokt offer being rendered on a partner website.
Creatives belong to a specific campaign. To author a new creative, you need to select a campaign to which the new creative will belong.
From the Campaign Overview page, select a campaign to create a creative for.
On the Campaign Details page, go to the Referral creatives tab.
Click Add Creative. The creative wizard appears.
Enter the name of your creative and select the placement format that you want to target.
Each format renders the content of the creative in a different layout, which is represented by a corresponding illustration. For maximum reach, select all formats.
- Block and tile formats only show a single positive CTA (e.g., "Yes, please") and no negative CTA (e.g., "No, thank you"). Only the standard format shows a negative CTA, and only standard formats can show more than one positive CTA.
- Uploading an image is required for tile formats. Images are optional for standard and block formats.
- Enter a title and creative copy.
Title is optional if you only want to target standard formats, but is required if you select block or tile.
If you leave Title blank, you can enter up to 175 characters in the Creative copy text field. If you enter a title, Creative copy text is limited to 125 characters. The counter in the bottom right corner of the window keeps track of the characters you have entered.
(Optional) Customize CTA Options. You can change the copy for both the positive and the negative CTAs.
- If you only target standard placements and your campaign objective is not phone leads, you can add up to two additional positive CTAs by clicking Add another response. Note: The copy needs to be different for each additional CTA.
- For some campaign objectives, you need to supply a destination URL for the positive CTA.
If the creative is targeting a non-prime position (i.e., not the first offer in the placement), you can upload a logo. Select Yes and click Upload Logo.
Supply brand domains contained in the offer creative. Note: This may not apply to all creatives.
Some offers contain third-party brands. For example, in the offer “Make a purchase of at least $100 on Kogan, get a $20 iTunes Gift Card,” the brand domains are apple.com and itunes.com, but not kogan.com. Some partners want to exclude offers that contain competing brands.
Click Next to link audiences to the creative.
Linking the creative to an audience at this stage is optional. You can save the creative now and link audiences later from the Campaign Details page. Note: All creatives must be linked to an audience before they can go live.
Click Save. The creative wizard closes, and the new creative appears on the Campaign Details page.
Important: A creative is inactive until it is linked to an audience and approved by the Rokt operations team.