Short, clear and concise Campaigns perform better and can be shown neatly on all devices, e.g. desktop, tablet, or mobile. This section will cover the editorial requirements.
|Can have||Cannot have|
|- Total maximum of 175 characters in length.||- Unnecessary repetition.|
- Gimmicky punctuation or incorrect spelling, or incorrect grammar.
- Excessive punctuation, symbols or characters (#, $, ;-), !), especially exclamation marks!!!
- CAPITALISATION - including for emphasis words such as FREE or CHEAP.
- Title Case for nouns that are not a brand name, e.g., "Televisions, Laptops and Microwaves".
- Incorrect spacing, e.g., winaprize - no spacing, or w i n - spaces between letters within a word.
- Non-specific phrasing, e.g., "Buy products here" or "Win a prize".
- Non-standard spelling or grammar for the market being where the campaign is running in, e.g., "Realize your dream" instead of "Realise" for a UK campaign.
- Incorrect currency symbols, e.g., $ instead of £ for ads for a UK campaign.
- Bold lettering.
|Creative targets||Title||Character count|
|Block||Required||- Title = 50|
- Ad copy = 125
|Standard||Optional||- If there is title, the ad copy will be limited to 125 and title will be limited to 50|
- If there is no title, the ad copy will be limited to 175
|Standard and Tile or/and Block||Required||- Title = 50|
- Ad copy = 125
|Title||Required||- Title = 50|
- Ad copy = 125
|Tile and Block||Required||- Title = 50|
- Ad copy = 125
The title for the ads shown in placement will be in leading text before the ad copy by default. Ensure the title and ad copy must make grammatical/contextual sense when read together.
It is best practice for the title to include the promotion / special offer and the brand name.
- Title: Enjoy up to 70% off ABC brand!
- Ad copy: Sign up for emails on offers like free two-day shipping on thousands of items. Shop now.
- How it look on placement: Enjoy up to 70% off ABC brand! Sign up for emails on offers like free two-day shipping on thousands of items. Shop now.
Campaigns Using Logos
Logos used as part of Campaigns must:
- Have a transparent background
- Directly related to the Brand or product/service being offered
- Be clear and display clearly on the screen
- Not be animated
- Not include generic calls to action such as “Free!”, “Click here” or “Buy now”
- Meet the following dimensions:
- Minimum: 400px (W) x 200px (H).
- Maximum: while there is no fixed maximum, images larger than 400px in width will be rescaled automatically
- Max file size is 1,000KB (Campaigns with large sizes load slower in the widget)
Campaigns with Email/SMS Confirmations/Nurtures
- Campaigns may be followed up by Email Nurtures (Partner emails or Brand Emails).
- Email nurtures or SMS Confirmations can be an initial, one-off, contemporaneous send to end users that confirm that a user has accepted a specific offer on the Rokt platform.
- Email Nurtures can also be used to follow-up with the customer and remind them about the offer.
- Email nurtures, including for multi-step email nurture programs, must:
- Only include factual information and any information directly related to the Campaign copy.
- Not contain up-sell or cross-sell, or additional promotional material, content or other materials, unrelated to the original Campaign copy.
- Comply with the editorial requirements.
Maintain a Strong Sender Reputation
To prevent email nurtures from being marked as spam by consumers or email service providers like Google, they must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Do not use deceptive subject lines: The subject line must accurately reflect the content of the message.
- Do not use spam triggers and phishing phrases: This doesn't mean you cannot use so-called trigger words, but you should use them sparingly.
- Email format and content: Avoid overuse of capital letters, exclamation marks and variety of font sizes, styles, and colors.
- Do not abuse text-based emails: Text-based emails should be sparingly used as performance will deteriorate over time.
- Regularly update Nurture content: Do not leave a campaign running for an extended time without updating its contents. Upload the latest optimized HTML code to ensure they will render properly on all ESPs.
Best Practice Recommendations
- Keep a good text to image ratio: Do not send emails with just an image in the body but no other content. Include at least several lines of text with each image.
- Optimize images: Use a maximum size of 150kb and use the alt attribute in your HTML file so there is a fallback text when the image does not appear.
- Send valuable content: Ensure emails are relevant to your campaign and that the nurture has a content strategy.
- Make sure emails are branded: Having a recognizable logo, brand fonts and colors will increase brand recognition - even on text-based emails.
- Fonts: Use fonts that work across all email platforms, like Arial, Verdana, Georgia and Times New Roman or make sure fallback fonts are catered for in the code.
- Optimize for mobile: Ensure emails are legible and load quickly on mobile devices, and that links can be pressed easily with a thumb. Increase button size with CSS if necessary and keep it above the fold.
- HTML code best practices: Keep your HTML code as simple and clean as possible and use a maximum body width of 700 pixels. Having a proper CSS section will allow your email to render properly on mobile.
Campaigns Containing Hyperlinks
- Website referrals and email nurtures will include links to the Brand’s website.
- Where utilized, such links:
- Must be referred to clearly and accurately in the Campaign copy.
- For example "Click To find out more about Cloud’s insurance policies!" in which the landing page must include information about Cloud’s insurance policies.
- Must link to a functioning webpage or a relevant landing page, which itself:
- Refers to the same goods, services and brand referred to in the Campaign copy.
- Does not look like spam.
- Is not "parked" or "under construction".
- Has not disabled the browser’s "back" button.
- Is viewable in commonly used browsers, e.g., Mozilla, Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Explorer.
- Should utilize the secure HTTPS protocol for additional security and to be compatible with Rokt’s Mobile SDK.
|Example Campaign copy||Approval decision|
|Join the Company XYZ newsletter and receive a $25 VOUCHER to spend on your first purchase||Rejected - Bolding and capitalization of words in Campaign.|
|Company XYZ makes it easy to compare a wide range of brands in one place! Select YES below to receive a call from a friendly Company XYZ rep.||Rejected - Unacceptable capitalization in the word YES.|
|Win win win a free balloon by signing up to Company XYZ’s e-newsletter.||Rejected - Unnecessary repetition of word win.|
|It’s time to get ahead & look great with Company XYZ. We’re giving away an amazing prize. Find out more.||Approved (traffic referral only) - Capitalization only for the brand name.|
|You could win $1,000 by signing up to Company XYZ e-newsletter.||Approved - Unnecessary repetition eliminated. Approved assuming competition terms are included.|
Email Nurture Examples
The following examples assume the Website referral Campaign Text is "Receive a $25 Company XYZ voucher to get you started with your knitting hobby. Find out more."
|Example email nurture copy||Approval decision|
|Email nurture Alternative 1:|
Here’s your $25 Company XYZ voucher to get you started with knitting. The voucher expires in December 2020, and can only be redeemed online. Did you know you can also purchase homewares, clothing, and shoes on our website? Check it out!
|Rejected - Campaign content includes that is not directly related to the transaction that has already occurred.|
|Email nurture Alternative 2:|
Here’s your $25 Company XYZ voucher to get you started with your knitting hobby. The voucher expires in December 2020, and can only be redeemed online.
|Approved - Campaign content only includes information about the transaction entered into and directly related comment.|
If you have any questions reach out to your Rokt Account Manager or email email@example.com.