Once your campaign is running, there may be times when you want to pause it. For instance, if you’re running an offer for iced coffee in the summer, you may want pause it come autumn when hot chocolate is the seasonal special. Once the temperatures start to rise, you may want to get that iced coffee campaign going again.
By pausing your campaign, you can keep it for later without having to rewrite and resubmit it for approval.
Pausing an Active Campaign
On the Campaign Overview page, all active campaigns will have a green bar to the left of the campaign name. To pause an active campaign, press the "pause" icon in the "Actions" column.
Activating a Paused Campaign
A paused campaign can be activated if all of the following conditions are met:
- The campaign was previously manually paused (see above);
- The account that the campaign belongs to still has credit or funding available;
- The current date is before the campaign’s end date, or there is no end date specified;
- The campaign has at least one audience active; and
- The active audience has at least one active creative linked to it.
If any one of these conditions is not met, a paused campaign cannot be activated.
On the Campaign Overview page, find the paused campaign that you would like to activate. Paused campaigns will have a yellow bar to the left of the campaign name. Click on the "play" icon in the "Actions" colum.