Here are some best practices to get the most out of your Acquire campaigns:
- Implement the Rokt Tag on your transaction confirmation page. The Rokt Tag is the fastest and most reliable way for acquisitions and conversions to be fed back into the Rokt platform. This performance feedback creates a faster and more accurate understanding of Rokt campaign performance and better campaign optimizations.
- Pass hashed email in the Rokt Tag. Hashed email is the surefire way for Rokt to match transactions on your site to impressions and referrals generated by your campaigns on the Rokt network. With the hashed email, tracking and reporting on the performance of your Rokt campaigns becomes an exact science.
- Utilize Smart Bidding. If your campaigns have a target CPA, Smart Bidding automatically adjusts maximum cost per referral (CPR) bid to meet your target cost per acquisition (CPA) while maximizing campaign volume. Smart Bidding will soon automatically find different conversion rates across segments of consumers and automatically adjust CPR bids based on these different conversion rates, eliminating the need for you to build and manage many different audiences.
- Test multiple creatives. Be sure to test multiple creatives. Recognize that there may not be one "best" creative across all your audiences – some creatives may be very effective for some audiences but less effective for others.
- Personalize and contextualize your creatives. Rokt network partners often pass the user's first name, as well as some context around their transaction, e.g., a user named Jenny may have just purchased a ticket to a Beyonce concert. Personalized offer creative would read, "Thank you, Jenny, for your purchase." Offer creative that is both personalized and contextualized would be, "Congrats, Jenny, you're seeing Beyonce!"
- Test multiple promotions. Some clients have found that consumers behave differently in the transaction moment, and promotions that were more effective in other channels are less effective on Rokt (and vice-versa). Be sure to test different types and levels of promotions to ensure maximum performance of your Rokt campaigns.
- Utilize Rokt Nurture. Rokt Nurture is a value-added program to send nurture campaigns (i.e., email drip campaigns) to consumers who have engaged with your Rokt offer but might not yet be ready to purchase. You control the branding, messaging, and timing of Rokt Nurture emails, and Rokt Nurtures are fully compliant with CANSPAM and the ePrivacy Directive.
If you have any additional questions on how to maximize the performance of your Acquire campaigns, please reach out to Rokt Account Manager.