An audience is a group of users you would like to show offers to. You can define your audience using targeting parameters — like age, gender, geography, device — and set the price you’re willing to pay when a consumer opts into your offer.
You’ll need to create a new audience when you want to either:
- Show offers to a new set of users, or
- Split up a large audience into smaller audiences (e.g., for more targeted messages or for more targeted bidding). You would create new, more targeted audiences to replace the old, larger audience.
How to Create a New Audience
On the Campaign Overview page, drill down into the campaign in which you’d like to create a new audience by clicking on the campaign card in the campaign list.
On the Campaign Details page, click the "Add Audience" button. The Audience Wizard will be displayed.
Name your audience.
The best practice for naming your audiences is to include basic information about the types of consumers the audience is targeting, so you can easily identify this audience within a list of other audiences.
Provide target demographics for this audience.
Target demographics include: gender, age, location and required fields. An example of required fields might be First Name and Last Name — your CRM system requires first name and last name for all Rokt referrals. If a Rokt Partner doesn’t share both of these fields this audience will be excluded from all traffic from that Rokt Partner. Likewise, if a Partner passes both fields to Rokt, but one of the fields is missing for a specific consumer, the user will not be part of this target audience (we recommend using Required Fields only when absolutely necessary, as Required Fields significantly reduces audience size).
Provide additional targeting criteria, including devices/operating systems, industry verticals, offer position and placement type. Click "Next" after providing additional targeting criteria.
- Industry verticals (required): Rokt partners you would like this offer to show on, by category/subcategory.
- Attribute Targeting (optional): Rules which determine whether an audience is available, according to the value of consumer attributes.
- Placement Type (required): Placement types you where would like this this offer to show — Transaction or Non-Transaction.
- Set your bid price. Your max CPR bid can either be:
- Static (by selecting "Manual"), or
- Dynamic to achieve a target Cost per Acquisition or CPA (by selecting "Smart Bidding"). If you select "Smart Bidding", you will also need to enter the target CPA and the attribution window.
Click "Save" to save the new audience. The audience wizard will close, and the new audience will appear on the in the Campaign Details page.