Data required/collected by the Rokt Android SDK
The following data is collected by the Rokt Android SDK or is a data field that is required to be shared by the partner in order for the SDK to operate as intended:
- Rokt requires the customer email address to be shared by the in order to fulfill the customers request when opting-in to a Rokt offer (e.g. subscribing them to an email newsletter for one of Rokt’s Brands). Email address also allows conversions to be attributed to the appropriate Rokt campaign.
- Product Interaction
- The Rokt Android SDK collects data about how the user interacts with the Rokt placement. This includes placement impressions, offer impressions as well as positive and negative engagements.
- Advertising Data
- The Rokt Android SDK collects data about which offers have been displayed to a user and what offers have been positively or negatively engaged with.
- Other Data
- The Rokt Android SDK also collects some device data points not unique to the person or device. This includes Device Type; Brand & Model; Operating System & Version; Application Package Name & Version; IP Address and UI Locale.
Data recommended to be shared with the Rokt Android SDK
In addition to the data above, Rokt partners are encouraged to pass additional data as rich, granular data allows for greater campaign optimization, enhanced targeting, personalization capabilities, and spend efficiencies. A list of recommended core attributes and vertical specific attributes is provided and you can also pass any custom attributes to complement the standard integration.
These recommended attributes cover data from the following categories however it is up to the Rokt Partner’s discretion as to whether these are shared with Rokt or not.
- Phone Number
- Physical Address
- Payment Info
- User ID
- Purchase History
Data that is not collected by the Rokt Android SDK
The Rokt Android SDK does not collect or require data from any of the below categories:
- Other User Contact Information
- Health and Fitness Data
- Credit or Other Financial Information
- Precise or Coarse Location
- Sensitive Information (e.g., political or religious views)
- Emails, Text Messages, Photos, Videos, Audio Data, Gameplay Content, Customer Support or Other User Data
- Browsing History
- Device ID (as of SDK Version 3.1.1, IDFA is no longer collected)
- Other Usage Data